Oct 10, 2011

Houman-zan

Yesterday, I climbed a mountain named "Houman-zan"(宝満山) with friends. The mountain locates near the Dazaifu-Tenmangu (太宰府天満宮) in Dazaifu-city, Fukuoka prefecture. It is popular among people who live in Fukuoka area, so we saw a lot of people on the top of the mountain.

It was a little bit hard for me to get to the top because the route to its top was formed by rocky stairs and the temperature was higher than I expected. But I could enjoy this activity under a fine day.

I have took several photos of this mountain climbing. You can feel the atmosphere of it.

2 comments:

ジョン said...

I love the view from the top of the mountain. I've always been a fan of views like that where you can see far off into the distance. I'd probably have been a bit annoyed at the other people, but I'm sure the atmosphere up there was great too.

I'm glad that you had a good time. I'm looking forward to doing things like this again if and when I move back to Japan.

bikenglish said...

Jon-san,

Thank you for good advises for articles on my blog.

I really think that "yama-nobori" is a good recreational activity because it does not need much money and produces good time for conversation with friends. As you know, there are a lot of good mountains to give us a good time in Japan.