Aug 4, 2009

Pelosi has already visited Hiroshima



In recent days, Recently, I often come across the query of whether Obama will visit Hiroshima find a question that the visit to Hiroshima by Obama will realize or not. This dispute can be seen in media in Japan many times after the President refereed in Plague about the responsibly of the USA that used the first atomic bomb.

By the way, I have learned that Nancy Pelosi has already visited Hiroshima last year when I read the article in Asahi several days ago. I had never known the fact by that time. As my excuse, most of people in Japan paid their attention to the sudden resignation of the former prime minister when Pelosi visited Hiroshima.

In this article, she said that "it was a very impressive tour. I would like to take my family members there next time." This visit is a private one, not an official? I am a little bit surprised at her this saying.

If she was really impressed with the exhibit at Hiroshima, she should say that "I strongly recommend the next president to visit Hiroshima."

2 comments:

ジョン said...

I like your portrait there. I should upload some drawings to my blog as well.

By the way, I think I have a more effective way to writing "In recent days, I often find a question that the visit to Hiroshima by Obama will realize or not." I think that "Recently, I often come across the query of whether Obama will visit Hiroshima or not" is a bit clearer. Perhaps even better: "Recently, [it seems that] a lot of people wonder whether Obama will visit Hiroshima or not."

Sorry to butt in, but I think I'd just lend a hand.

bikenglish said...

Jon-san,

Thank you for telling me about good English. I correct the writing. And I have learned new words,"come across","butt", thank you