Apr 30, 2009

"Koi-nobori"


A series of holidays named "Golden week"(ゴールデンウィーク) in Japan has started. Generally, it starts on April 29 (the birthday of the former Emperor "Hirohito") and ends on May 5 or 6.

It is expected to continue a fine day during this period in Kyushu.

Yesterday, I enjoyed riding bike with my friend. We went to Iizuka city along the "Onga-gawa"(遠賀川) river.

I took this photo in this short trip. Generally, people in Japan decorate their houses with "Koi-nobori"(鯉のぼり) to celebrate the birth of a boy on May 5.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello! Thank you for coming to stay at our cottage last night. It was great to meet you. I am looking forward to reading about your daily life in English. Keep up the great work! I hope we can meet again soon.
From Joanne

bikenglish said...

Jo-san,

Thank you for leaving a comment. I am very glad to have a new blog friend. I will write a new entry about "Tour de Kunisaki" and your good cottage and organic farm. Please wait for it for a few days.

ジョン said...

Ahhh, so those are called "koi-nobori"? I never knew that.

Also, I'm very jealous that Jo got to meet you. My day is coming too ...