Nov 30, 2011

VOA Special English News 75


Pakistan is rejecting reports that it caused NATO forces to launch air strikes into Pakistan on Sunday. Afghan officials reported Sunday that NATO and Afghan forces were attacked along the Pakistani border from a base in Pakistan. NATO answered the attack with air strikes that killed at least 24 Pakistani soldiers. On Monday, Pakistani General Athar Abbas said Pakistani forces began firing only after the soldiers were killed. He said NATO and Afghan officials were not telling truth about what happened.


パキスタンはパキスタンがNATO軍によるパキスタン空爆の原因を作ったとのレポートを拒否している。アフガニスタン政府職員は、日曜日、NATOとアフガニスタン軍はパキスタンにある基地からパキスタン国境付近で攻撃を受けたとリポートした。NATOは反撃し、少なくとも24人のパキスタン兵士が死亡した。月曜日、パキスタンのアター・アバス将軍は兵士が殺されたあと初めて砲撃を開始したと言った。彼は、NATOとアフガニスタン政府職員は何が起きたかについて事実を言っていないと言った。

My thought/opinion on this issue
The relationship between Pakistan and the US (or the West) has been getting worse. I am not familiar with this problem. But I hope that the situation would become calm.

3 comments:

ジョン said...

Looks like another perfect job! You're on a roll recently. Very nice.

ホアキン said...

It seems that it's impossible to reach a global peace... :-( when one war finishes, another one begins elsewhere... this remind me of a pretty good movie I watched some time ago titled "Lord of War" お勧めです:-)

bikenglish said...

Jon-san,

Thank you. I am glad to get your praise.

Haokin-san,

Thank you for good information. I would like to see the movie if I have a chance. I think that one of important things that lead many conflicts involves the existence of arms dealers. I hate them and politicians supported by them.