Dec 31, 2009

family trip






Every year, my family have a small trip in the end of December. Its aim is mainly to heal our bodies by bathing in "onsen".

This year, we went to "Harazuru-onsen"(原鶴温泉) in Fukuoka prefecture and stayed one night at a hotel. But, I could not enjoy this trip so much because of a severe problem in my family. (However, I am not in the mood for writing about it here.)

I took only above five photos. The first two are the hotel's dishes. And the second three are a honey bottle sold in a souvenir shop in the hotel. It contains a vespinae. The naming is a little bit funny, I think.


4 comments:

ジョン said...

命をかけて? That's certainly an interesting naming convention.

I'm sorry to hear that you couldn't enjoy the trip so much, but I hope that you were at least able to refresh yourself well in the onsen.

Unknown said...

明けましておめでとうございます!

Sorry to hear about the problem with your family. I hope it improves this year.

bikenglish said...

Jon-san,

Thank you for posting a comment. Yes, certainly, I could refresh my mind and body by using the onsen.

I have some explanation about this term in Japanese.

蜂蜜(はちみつ)を使う場合の表現について、説明します。

ジャムやバターのように、バターナイフなどでとって、パンなどに使う場合は、「塗る」ですが、ちょっと高いところから、ビンから直接、落とすときは「かける」を使います。

この「命をかけて」の生産者は、たぶん「命をかけて、捕まえたスズメバチバチの命のはいった蜂蜜をかける」といったことを、ネーミングに込めたかったのかな、と思います。

Ian-san,

Thank you for kind comment. I am glad to hear your voice in a long time.

But, I am sorry that I am not able to post a comment because articles in your blog are too special. Of course, I recognize that your field is the edge of technology in "cloud computing".

Unknown said...

Wow that bee looks scary! I'm sure it is very good for your health, but I don't think I would like to eat it....
I hope the problems with your family can be worked out soon. I think it is great that you always take a trip with them.
Keep smiling - spring is almost here!