Nov 3, 2013

”Caroline Kennedy”

Caroline Kennedy will soon be in office as the United States Ambassador to Japan.

I wonder if ambassador to Japan really wants to understand Japan or Japanese when this kind of important people visit to Japan. Because I think that it is important for people who want to understand this country to learn Japanese. But I have never heard this kind of message from them.

It is very difficult for native English speaker to learn Japanese because Japanese language has very different system from English. But I wonder if what they can understand about Japan through interpreters might be "real" Japan.

If they really want to understand Japan and to create better relationship with Japan, they will naturally reach to an idea that they try to learn Japanese.

I hope to hear her words, "I am going to learn Japanese to understand Japan and Japan's people" from Caroline's mouth.

No comments: