Apr 1, 2010

"Idou"

In Japan, many things starts on April first and they will end on March 31 of the next year. This term is called "nendo"(年度) in Japanese that is applied for school, accounting and workers relocation.

Relocation of workers is called "Jinji-idou"(人事異動) or "idou"(異動)in Japanese. "Idou" takes place in many companies and local governments in April in Japan.

Today was the first day for me to start a new job. I have started working as a staff to prevent the spread of infectious disease. For about three years, I worked for a very bored job, so I really hope that it will become a start of stimulus days.

3 comments:

ジョン said...

Wow, that's great news for you. I hope that your new job won't be as boring as your old one. Be sure to let us know how it's going at some point.

Thanks for the explanation of 年度, too. I never realized that it referred to the April-to-March year.

lenin said...

Good luck with your new job, hopefully, it'll be more interesting.

bikenglish said...

Jon-san, lenin-san,

Thank you for posting comments. I will try to make my new job more interesting by my effort.