Sep 19, 2014

Asahi's failure

I am a about 50-years-old reader for Asahi Shimbun. But recently I am considering to quit reading it because of its important mistakes on several issues. Some people say "comfort women issue by Japan's Imperial Army" has been lead internationally by Asahi's mistaken reports. I have agreed on a part of their saying.

We, especially ordinary people, are making thought, opinion and idea on social issues by getting information about them from mass media. So media's responsibilities are very important.

I have felt betrayed by Asahi on these problems.

On last Wednesday, a document, this picture, was brought to my house with Asahi newspaper. It has expressed Asahi's apologies on problems and also has said it starts some committees including outsiders that will examine why the corruptions had happened. I have to keep my attention on these movements.

No comments: